Welcome to Hollyw00t

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Stardust - Review

Directed By: Mathew Vaughn
Written By: Mathew Vaughn and Jane Goldman
Starring: Charlie Cox, Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Ricky Gervais, and Claire Daines
I got to see "Stardust" recently and was wonderfully surprised. It could have just been the mood I was in but it struck me, not in the way a pimp strikes his ladies of the night, but rather the way a lover in the throws of orgasm would strike you, unexpected, but a welcome surprise. The story arc was textbook, but although odd to say this movie wasn't really about the story, the story only existed as cage to keep the characters in the right spots for a feature length amount of time. The special effects were fine, but nothing to write home about, still more natural feeling than "Revenge of the Sith", or any of the prequels for that matter. Robert DeNiro and Michelle Pfeiffer were amazing as usual, and Ricky Gervais was everything I wanted and more. I know I really haven't gone into much detail on this one, but I still recommend people go see it, but not a requirement to see it in theaters, just see it. Not so heavy that you have to wait to be in the right mood, but heavy enough to stay out of the throw away kids movie territory. 8 out of 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home